<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagn'nagl fhtagn ("In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."). --HP Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

The stars hath turned in the heavens once more: Mighty Cthulhu stirs. His dreams reacheth forth, communing with those with ears to hear. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! His thoughts trample down along the pathways of thy mind; thou knowest His footprints, each of which is a wound...

Wednesday, November 24, 2004





What I'm Thankful For

In addition to being grateful for the support and devotion of my close friends and family, I'm grateful for that which makes me proud to be an American: The
Constitution of the United States, and the ten amendments in its attendant Bill of Rights. I'm thankful that my government has been defined into disparate and discrete duties/obligations, and that each has a set of checks and balances that prevent either of the other branches from abusing power in pursuit of their own agendas.

Huh, lemme think about that...you know, let's just rename this post "What I Was Once Thankful For"

The Constitution isn't holding up so well beneath the boot-heels of conservatives in the Judicial, Legislative, and Executive branches. That precious document envisioned that each branch would voluntarily act to limit the excesses of the other two. The Founding Fathers never envisioned a day when all three would actively seek to support eachother in their refutation of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Speaking of, I guess I can be thankful for the Second Amendment (the prohibition of Congress against my right to own a gun), the Third (the prohibition of Congress against ordering me to house and feed a soldier), and the Seventh (prohibition against denying me my right to a jury trial in a civil suit) as well.

But I really miss:

Perhaps I'm just bellyaching, but I really feel that my ability to even have friends and family, let alone pontificate from this virtual soapbox, extends purely from the Constitution and the Bill of Rights; but does not come from goose-stepping brownshirts that want to take away my independence and ram their medieval religious fanatacism down my throat.

To this end, I'm thankful for those who have defended these sacred documents--in the courts and on the battlefield. I am fully congnizant that their sacrifices have paid for my freedom, and am truly grateful to them.

Needless to say, those that have assaulted these sacred ideals--under the guise of "religious values" or the WoT®--have earned nothing but my boundless hatred and contempt for the scum-sucking hypocritical traitors that they are.

Happy Turkey Day.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't 

yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares