<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagn'nagl fhtagn ("In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."). --HP Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

The stars hath turned in the heavens once more: Mighty Cthulhu stirs. His dreams reacheth forth, communing with those with ears to hear. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! His thoughts trample down along the pathways of thy mind; thou knowest His footprints, each of which is a wound...

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Drive-by Post
(an update for my regulars)

Sorry about the recent paucity of posts, but I've been tied up trying to cinch my MCSE. And that hasn't been fun.

I showed up for my last test (070-219) only find that Prometric had fubar'd their end, and I had to wait 90 minutes just to start the exam. Now, the test runs 3hrs, but the testing center had other people waiting for their turn, which really only left me 90 minutes.

Needless to say, I failed (scored 675 out of 700 needed). I was just going to let it go and look at my options (settle for an MCSA? Try 070-219 again?), but the nice lady who had spent 90 minutes holding Prometric to task said that she thought it unfair that I be expected to concentrate after cooling my heels for an hour and a half, and then being distracted by other test-takers who also had appointments to keep. She feels that Prometric ought to let me take the test again, under normal circumstances this time, without charge. She then called them and told them that, and gave me her case# to use in arguing the same myself.

So, I have to call Prometric and see if they'll do the honorable thing.

(For the record, if you show up 90 minutes late to a Prometric/Microsoft exam, you can just kiss your $125 goodbye.)

Anyway, once I figure out my next step, I'll start posting again.

In the meantime, check out
The Poor Man's latest. Enough rage to keep you occupied until I get back to our regularly scheduled snark.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't 

yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares